Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Retirement Jeep!

Even though it is a few years before retirement I keep thinkin bout getting a 2000 or 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4, 2001 is the last year of the Cherokee XJ. I called and talked with a couple of Austin Jeep repair places comparing the Cherokee XJ and Grand Cherokee for remote wet Texas and both said absolutely the XJ. If I wait there will be less good Cherokees, and less clean body Cherokees, and probably tuff miles. I take care of my stuff especially vehicles. I owned a Datsun 260Z for over 17 years. If I purchase now I will know how it is taken care of in the future and be able to R&R as I go. I own a 92 Jeep Cherokee but storing it in Terlingua is taking its toll. A field rat moved in and chewed up all kinds of wires it runs but not well. Anybody in the S Brewster Co. area know of a good Jeep Mechanic? If retiring in the Davis Mountains or Terlingua I think a 4x4 XJ is the vehicle for me.  I prefer the XJ over the Wrangler CJ models because it is a little smoother on the highway and more room for the dog and stuff with the longer wheel base. Anybody got any XJ experience or comments let me hear from you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a 1989 Jeep Cherokee with almost 300,000 miles on the motor. It still runs great. It is 2 wheel drive. But I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, not in west Texas.